This post may contain affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here’s a great gift idea for the holidays — or a little treat for yourself as we move into 2024…
If you want to get back into journaling, or you want to finally start the habit, here’s a method that’s low-pressure and low-effort, but totally worthwhile. This small book holds five years of journal entries, but each day only has room for a few sentences or so — just the right amount of space for quick-and-dirty summaries of what happened on that day.
Each page has a space for the same day of the year for each of the five years you’ll use it, though everything is undated so that you can start it anytime. The journal also has three blank pages at the end that are labeled “Dates to Remember,” and I use them to list major things that happened in each of the five years.
I’ve gone through two of these over the years, and while there are big gaps here and there (VERY big gaps in my second one), I’m really grateful even to have little tidbits of both notable days and more run-of-the-mill ones.
If a journal full of big empty pages seems intimidating to you, this is the perfect way to ease into a regular journaling habit.
The One Line a Day journal from Chronicle Books is available at Amazon. The company also makes other cover designs, as well as special editions for newlyweds, moms (not dads, apparently), and families, plus a gratitude journal format.
P.S. If you’re looking for a kids’ gift idea along these lines, I recommend this “Letters to Me, When I Grow Up” time-capsule kit!
Workwear sales of note for 12.7.23
Our favorites are in bold!
- Nordstrom – Holiday sale up to 50% off; up to 40% off selected designer styles
- Ann Taylor – 40% off your purchase & extra 15% off sweaters
- Banana Republic – 40% off your purchase; up to 40% off sale styles
- Banana Republic Factory – 50% off everything & extra 20% off purchase; Gap Inc. cardmembers take extra 25% off
- ba&sh – Winter sale up to 50% off
- Bergdorf Goodman – Designer sale up to 40% off; extra 15% off sale; complimentary same-day delivery
- Brooklinen – 25% off best sellers, up to 40% off bundles!
- Club Monaco – 25% off almost everything
- J.Crew – 40% off your purchase with code; up to 50% off coats; up to 60% off present picks
- Loft – 40% off your purchase plus extra 15% off
- Lo & Sons – Up to 50% off plus extended return policy — reader favorites include this laptop tote, this backpack, and this crossbody
- Sephora – 20% off purchase with code; 30% off all Sephora Collection
- Summersalt – Up to 60% off select styles (this reader-favorite sweater blazer is 40% off)
- Talbots – 40% off your regular-price purchase; 50% off all sweaters, coats, shoes & accessories; readers love this cashmere boatneck and this cashmere cardigan, as well as their sweater blazers in general
- Theory – Extra 25% off everything; extra 10% off with Apple Pay
- Theory Outlet – Last-chance styles 70-80% off; extra 25% off sweaters; readers love this T-shirt